"Personal Information" is information about you that is personally identifiable to you like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
"Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Collection of Personal Information by GPS-Buddy
The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We use this information to provide you with our products and services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, to develop new products and services, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer you additional information and opportunities.
We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Website or related Communication Channels and your use of our products and services. The types of Personal Information we collect are:
If you set up a "GPS-Buddy" account, we will collect your contact details such as name, address, gender, email address and country as well as, if appreciated, the information you provide us with in order to receive future newsletter of your preference.
If you buy items from our webstore, we will collect your full name, the name of your company (if applicable), your postal address (each for shipping and billing purposes), email address, phone number, and all the information we need to process your payment of the purchase amount.
If you request customer support services for GPS-Buddy products and/or services, we will collect Personal Information to enable us to provide such customer support services to you, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences. We will also collect other information about the GPS-Buddy products you own, such as the serial numbers, date of purchase and information related to a support or service issue, some of which might be Personal Information.
GPS-Buddy may collect Personal Information through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include your name, address, age, information about your use of our services and products and the like.
If you send us an email to apply for a position with GPS-Buddy, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, included attached files, such as resumes, and other information necessary to process your application.
Any Personal Information which you supply to GPS-Buddy shall be true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify GPS-Buddy immediately of any changes to your Personal Information via our Website or related Communication Channels.
Information Collected Via Technology
Personal Information we receive from Other Sources
How does GPS-Buddy processes Personal Information and Anonymous Information?
Your Personal Information is used by GPS-Buddy to perform its obligations resulting from the delivery of the GPS-Buddy products and/or services to you, under the End-User License Agreement, Limited Warranty, if any, or any other terms that may apply. GPS-Buddy uses your Personal Information to respond to your questions and to fulfill your requests or to manage interactive customer programs. GPS-Buddy is entitled to contract third parties for its fulfillment of its obligations hereunder, however, GPS-Buddy will not provide your Personal Information to a third party without your permission, except as necessary to process your order, fulfill your requests or manage the interactive customer programs or if compelled by law. These third parties may help GPS-Buddy to i.e. process information, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services or to conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These third parties are also obligated to protect your Personal Information in accordance with this policy. GPS-Buddy is and will remain responsible for the use of your Personal Information.
You acknowledge and agree that GPS-Buddy may use Personal Information to contact you via mail, via e-mail or phone to inform you of our (new) products and/or services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. GPS-Buddy takes measures to select product or service providers that are reputable. However, we cannot make any representations about the practices and policies of these companies. If you do not want GPS-Buddy to share your information with third parties, [you can let us know by indicating such preference and "opting-out" by following the instructions provided at the time you register as a member with GPS-Buddy or each time we request information from you or at other points or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below)]. GPS-Buddy is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. GPS-Buddy may use your Personal Information to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Website, products and services.
GPS-Buddy may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyse usage patterns, to improve our services and reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
Your Choices regarding your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
You may change any of the Personal Information in your account by editing your account information at your profile area in your "MyGPS-Buddy" account.
Information for Persons Outside the United States
California Privacy Rights
Since 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. For inquiries regarding our disclosure policy, please refer to the contact form on our website.
Transfer of Business Assets
In the event that GPS-Buddy undergoes a change of control or is sold or transferred, or in the event that substantially all of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, GPS-Buddy's website, products and services, and any personally identifiable information collected by GPS-Buddy, will be among the transferred assets. By using our Website, products and/or services, you hereby agree and consent to such transfer or assignment of your personal information collected by GPS-Buddy or to a change of control of GPS-Buddy, and you further waive any claims that could be made against us in relation thereto.
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child has submitted his or her Personal Information without your permission or consent, we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove that information from our database at your request. To request removal of your child's information, please use the contact form on our website and be sure to include in your message the same account name, password, and email address that your child submitted.
Safeguarding the information you share with us
We recognize our responsibility to protect the Personal Information you entrust to us. We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Whenever you give GPS-Buddy sensitive or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, we will use standard encryption technology when transferring or receiving such information to ensure that your privacy is protected. Unless otherwise specified herein or on the site where you make a purchase, credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes.
While GPS-Buddy takes precautions against possible breaches in its web sites and customer databases, no company, including GPS-Buddy, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information, and no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Accordingly, GPS-Buddy cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur and cannot be held liable for any unauthorized access or use of the data you have supplied to GPS-Buddy. Your use of our Website and services is at your own risk.
We urge you to take steps to take precautions to protect your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Internet browser.
This Policy was last updated in October 2008.
Copyright © 2008 GPS-Buddy Incorporated. All rights reserved.
names, tagline, lay-out and user look-and-feel of this website) (the ?Materials') or transaction concluded through this website (such as the purchase of GPS-Buddy products and services), you should not use the part of the website which contains such Materials or through which transactions may be concluded and you should not use
such Materials or conclude such transactions.
4. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, GPS-Buddy assumes no responsibility therefore. This website and the Materials are provided ?as is' and ?as available'.
5. This website may contain references to specific products and services of GPS-Buddy that may not be available or shall not become available at any time in a particular country. Please contact our local representative for further information.
6. GPS-BUDDY HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS. GPS-BUDDY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE SECURITY OF THIS WEBSITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ANY INFORMATION SENT MAY BE INTERCEPTED. GPS-BUDDY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVERS WHICH MAY MAKE THIS WEBSITE AVAILABLE OR ANY - 2 - ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT BY GPS-BUDDY ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, neither GPS-Buddy nor its affiliates, suppliers and/or subcontractors shall be liable to you or any third party for any damages either direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise (including in each case, but not limited to, damages for the inability to access the website, loss of data or information, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption or the like) carising out of the use or the inability to use the website or the Materials, even if GPS-Buddy has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
8. Our provision of links to other websites or locations (?links') is solely for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other websites or location or its contents. If you use these links, you will leave our website. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for these outside websites or their
9. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others or otherwise damage the website or the Materials. You agree not to add to, subtract from or otherwise modify the Materials, or attempt to access
any Materials that are not intended for you. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
10. All Materials are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and belong to GPS-Buddy or its licensors. All rights in the Materials not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise provided, the Materials may be reproduced or distributed in unmodified form for personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of the Materials, including without limitation distribution, reproduction, modification, display or transmission without the prior written consent of GPS-Buddy is strictly prohibited. All copyright and other proprietary notices of GPS-Buddy or its licensors shall be retained on all reproductions.
11. Software made available for downloading from or through this website is licensed subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement. Except as set forth in the applicable license agreement, the software is made available for use by end-users only and any further copying, reproduction or redistributions of the software is expressly prohibited. Warranties, if any, with respect to such software shall only apply as expressly set forth in the applicable license agreement. GPS-Buddy hereby expressly disclaims all further representations and warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such software.
compensation, and free of moral rights, intellectual property rights and/or other proprietary rights in or to such Information.
16. If you have any questions, requests or suggestions, please refer to our website http://www.GPS-Buddy.com/contact us . We will duly process your questions, requests and suggestions.
U.S. Purchases: If you have made your purchase in the United States, this Limited Warranty is granted by and this Limitation of Liability is stipulated for the benefit of GPS-Buddy Americas., 182 Boxboro Road , Stow, MA 01775 (United States of America).
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS
1) GPS-Buddy Americas (“GPS-Buddy”) warrants to the original purchaser (“you”) of the hardware with which this Limited Warranty is included (“Hardware”) that the Hardware will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use (“Defects”) for a period of two (1) years from the date that the Hardware was first purchased by you (“Warranty Period”). During the Warranty Period the Hardware will be repaired or replaced at GPS-Buddy's choice (“Limited Warranty”) without charge to you for either parts or labor. This Limited Warranty covers the replacement of the Hardware only. If the Hardware is repaired after the Warranty Period has expired, the Warranty Period for the repair will expire six (6) months after the date of repair
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
2) The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, does not apply when the Hardware is opened or repaired by someone not authorized by GPS-Buddy and does not cover repair or replacement of any Hardware or part thereof damaged by: misuse, moisture, liquids, proximity or exposure to heat and accident, abuse, noncompliance with the instructions supplied with the Hardware, neglect or misapplication. The Limited Warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the Hardware. This Limited Warranty does not cover any software that may accompany or be installed on the Hardware.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
3) In order to make a claim of a Defect, you must contact GPS-Buddy during the Warranty Period by email via email@example.com to explain the Defect and to obtain an RMA number (Return Materials Authorization) if necessary. You must return the Hardware during the Warranty Period, along with an explanationof the Defect, to the address provided to you by GPS-Buddy. If a defect arises and a valid claim under this Limited Warranty is received by GPS-Buddy after the first one hundred and eighty (180) days of the Warranty Period,GPS-Buddy is entitled to charge you for any reasonable shipping and handling costs made in connection with the repair or replacement of the Hardware. You must comply with any other return procedures stipulated by GPS-Buddy,if any.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
4) This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state and jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
5) If any part of this Limited Warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Limited Warranty shall nonetheless remain in full force and effect.
6) This Limited Warranty is the only express warranty made to you and is provided in lieu of any other express warranties or similar obligations (if any) created by any advertising, documentation, packaging, or other communications.
7) Except for the Limited Warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, GPS-Buddy and its suppliers provide the Hardware “AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS”, and hereby disclaim all other warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) implied warranties, duties or conditions of: merchantability, non-infringement, quiet enjoyment, system integration, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, reliability or availability, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort, lack of viruses, and reasonable care and skill, all with regard to the Hardware, and the provision of or failure to provide support or other services, information, software, and related content through the Hardware or otherwise arising out of the use of the Hardware. This exclusion does not apply to (i) any implied condition as to title and (ii) any implied warranty as to conformity with description. If applicable law requires any implied warranties with respect to the Hardware, all such warranties are limited in duration to ninety (90) days. Some states and/or jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above may not apply to you.
8) This Limited Warranty cannot be transferred to any other person.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
9) Neither GPS-Buddy nor its suppliers shall be liable to you or to any third party for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages (including in each case, but not limited to, damages for the inability to use the equipment or access data, loss of data, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption or the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use the Hardware even if GPS-Buddy has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10) Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced herein and all direct or general damages in contract or anything else), the entire liability of GPS-Buddy and any of its suppliers shall be limited to the amount actually paid by you for the Hardware.
11) Notwithstanding the above, neither party's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence shall be limited.
12) Some states and/or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2003-2016 GPS-Buddy International BV- The Netherlands. All rights reserved.